As with all British Chamber of Commerce in Japan (BCCJ) events, the British Business Awards (BBA) is run on a not-for-profit basis.
Delivering the BBA, which has grown in size, reach and impact since its launch in 2008, would not be possible without the generosity of our sponsors who commit time and resources so that our roughly 300 guests enjoy a superlative event—this year held on 13 November at the Palace Hotel Tokyo.
Our approach is that no detail is too small for our attention. Two months prior to the event, BCCJ members form multi-disciplinary teams to work on creative elements, nominations and judging.
This year, in no small part due to the Financial Times’ inclusion of BBA ads, and BCCJ member firms’ fabulous raffle prize donations, the BBA sold out on 27 October.
Almost 40 BCCJ member firms supported the gala delivery.
2015 BBA nominees
Company of the Year
- Adecco Ltd
- Arup (Ove Arup & Partners Japan Ltd)
- Michael Page International Japan K.K.
- Pathways K.K.
- Robert Walters Japan K.K.
Entrepreneur of the Year
- David Croll (Whisk-e Limited)
- Helen Iwata (Sasuga! Communications)
- Junko Kemi (Kay Me International Ltd; Winning Women Network)
- Tamao Sako (The British Pudding)
- Jeremy Sanderson (Icon Partners K.K.)
- AMEC Foster Wheeler and Amec Foster Wheeler Asia K.K.
- Calbee, Inc. and the Welsh Government
- CMIC Holdings Co., Ltd and UDG Healthcare
- Hitachi, Ltd. Rail Systems Company and the UK Department for Transport
- Shima Seiki Mfg., Ltd and the Scottish textile industry
- Watanabe & Co., Ltd. and select British retail brands
- Hogan Lovells Horitsu Jimusho
- Gaikokuho Kyodo Jigyo
- Oxford Instruments Co., Ltd.
- Ryozan Park “Kosodate Village”
- Toshiba Group
- Unilever Japan Holdings K.K.
- Walk Japan Ltd.
- AINEO Networks
- Business Link Japan K.K.
- Eat Creative K.K.
- GlaxoSmithKline K.K.
Person of the Year
- Elizabeth Oliver MBE (Animal Refuge Kansai)
- Tomoko Tsuda (Save the Children)
- Rob Williams (Knights in White Lycra)
Thank you for your support
We were truly thrilled to celebrate the success of the nominees at the 2015 BBA.
Through all events, we continue to be delighted to serve you, our membership, and the greater UK–Japan business community.