Climax to a great year for the UK
From the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee and the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, to the UK government’s GREAT campaign and the World Shakespeare Festival 2012—this year presents the UK with a once-in-a-generation opportunity to showcase capabilities, enhance international relations and maximise global reach.
Meanwhile, the BCCJ’s British Business Awards (BBA) ceremony, to be held on 2 November at the Conrad Tokyo hotel, is gearing up to showcase your greatness in this exceptional year.
Supported by the BCCJ’s key partners—UK Trade & Investment (UKTI), Visit Britain and the British Council Japan—as well as sponsors, previous winners, nominees and guests, the BBA programme has evolved and expanded over the past five years, and provides an ample platform upon which firms may celebrate special achievements.
I am pleased to announce that nominations for this year are now open in the following five categories:
- Company of the Year
- Entrepreneur of the Year
- UK–Japan Partnership
- Social Responsibility
- Person of the Year
The awards programme recognises excellence, promotes success across all industry sectors, and highlights important social contributions, commitment to the community and ethical behaviour.
Winning one of the programme’s awards is a prestigious endorsement of a firm’s projects, initiatives, results and achievements. Firms are thereby acknowledged as industry leaders and named the best in their respective categories—a valuable measure of success that can be used in a variety of communications to create publicity, positive organisational profiling and heightened credibility.
Nominations are judged against specific criteria, founded on the awards programme’s values of success, innovation and ethics, and based on a well defined, proven framework to ensure that the judging process is fair and free of influence.
Whether honouring your valued employees or strengthening your brand, why not put your firm or an individual in the running to win a BBA? As the ultimate seal of approval for your business, it could prove a topic of discussion for many years to come.
How to enter
The awards nomination process is simple and free to enter:
- Select the category in which you would like to nominate yourself, your firm or your chosen nominee
- Make sure your submission meets the criteria for the chosen category
- Complete and submit the nomination form, found at: www.bccjapan.com
Nominees must be one, or more, of the following:
- British Chamber of Commerce in Japan member
- UK-owned and Japan-based firm
- Japan-based firm or individual with significant UK links
- Cover all criteria for the category concerned
- Focus specifically on the achievements of the previous 12 months in the Japan market
- Total no more than 4,000 words and 5MB electronically, inclusive of supporting documentation
- Be sent as an email attachment in PDF format, together with the nomination form and supporting documentation (as detailed on the form), as well as a high resolution logo of the nominated firm to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reach the BCCJ office by 17:00 on 14 October 2012
The BCCJ membership is of extremely high calibre. I would be delighted to welcome you and your firm, as nominees or guests, to the BBA 2012.