At the beginning of this year, we are ramping up the event platform of the British Chamber of Commerce in Japan (BCCJ) to bring you high-calibre business and social events over the coming months.
We pledge to deliver more than 40 exciting and informative sessions in 2016 on the hottest UK–Japan business topics, allowing you to network with British and Japanese executives. They will include more opportunities for exchange related to the Rugby World Cup 2019 and the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
We will also feature a variety of VIPs visiting from the UK, and reflect themes related to the 42nd G7 summit, to be held on 26–27 May at Ise-shima in Mie Prefecture.
And we will continue our series of diversity and inclusion best-practice events—designed to promote greater understanding of, and develop support mechanisms for, diverse groups in Japan’s workplace. Our first such event of the year will be in February, in association with Google.
Milestone events in 2016
- January: Kick off the year with old friends and new contacts at the BCCJ shinnenkai (New Year party)
- April: Elect the 2016–2017 BCCJ Executive Committee at this year’s annual general meeting
- July: Enjoy a social night with members of the Japan–British Society and Tokyo Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- November: Celebrate the very best of UK–Japan commercial and cultural relations at the 9th British Business Awards
- Secure access to thought-leaders, and explore new and exciting business relationships
- Engage with over 200 member companies representing a broad range of industries
- Leverage the BCCJ’s strong relationships with the British Embassy Tokyo, and key policy makers in Japan, as well as visiting dignitaries from business, government, political and royal circles
- Gain direct insight from experienced chief executives, senior managers and successful entrepreneurs
Who is invited?
Corporate and individual members of the BCCJ can attend all events at discounted rates. Invitations at member rates are extended to any member of staff of a corporate member firm; please spread the news widely in your firms, particularly to up-and-coming stars.
Drive the discussion
We look forward to hearing more from you about how the BCCJ could serve your firm in new and useful ways. What kind of events would you like us to host? Is there a particular theme you’d like to discuss or firm you’d like to know more about? Email: email@example.com.
For a reminder about what else the BCCJ can do to support you and your business, visit our Member Benefits page at www.bccjapan.com.
For now, on behalf of the entire team at the BCCJ, I wish you a fruitful and fulfilling year ahead.