One visible way to pinpoint the value we bring to British Chamber of Commerce in Japan (BCCJ) members is through our events programme.
Comprising five parts, our strategy is designed to boost the impact of all functions we hold—about 40 per year. We aim to clarify the objectives of all sessions held and broker meaningful business relationships both during and after events.
The BCCJ events taskforce, led by Graham Davis (individual member) and Alison Beale (Oxford University Japan), is one of the most talented and dedicated teams with which I’ve had the pleasure of working.
Considering joining a BCCJ event? Here is some feedback received from attendees of our six June events:
- “So good to hear such an upbeat view of the economic situation in Japan—for a change!”
- “Congrats on a well delivered event: a great topic and great speaker/presenter”.
- “Really well chosen speaker. Nice he had a UK connection and considered his audience in the contents. Good balance of Q&A too”.
- “I was attending as a guest and found that this was a valuable experience”.
- “It was also an excellent networking opportunity”.
- “Good balance of networking and workshop. Nice size. Excellent food!”
- “Thank you very much for organising such an interesting and stimulating meeting yesterday. The Q&A session was particularly thought provoking”.
- “Another great event; well done to you all once again!”
- “The combination of the panellists was perfect!”
- “More of them!”
Although nothing quite beats being in the room, with direct access to decision-makers and thought-leaders, our online event summaries provide a flavour of each of our business events. This feature can help you keep up to date with recent news on UK–Japan developments. Visit: www.bccjapan.com/events/event-summaries/
Best of British
We are looking forward to hosting the BCCJ’s final event before summer: The Great British Garden Party. To be held at Andaz Tokyo, it will celebrate the reputation for beautiful gardens shared by the UK and Japan. Guests should prepare to be stunned by spectacular views across Tokyo from the 51st floor.
The evening is organised in association with The Tokyo Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Japan–British Society. We are on course to welcome more than 200 guests to what is sure to be a high-value evening of networking and fun.
The BCCJ is only as strong and successful as its members and supporters. We welcome your suggestions and feedback—on all aspects of BCCJ strategy and operations, including events. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.