Members of the British Chamber of Commerce in Japan (BCCJ) gathered at the Roppongi Hills Club on 24 April for the Annual General Meeting, at which the incoming BCCJ Executive Committee (Excom) was presented to Chamber members.
The 15 men and women who will serve on the 2019–20 Excom are:
- Alison Beale, University of Oxford Japan Office
- David Bickle, Deloitte Tohmatsu Tax Co. (President)
- James Dodds, KPMG
- Will Farquhar, Aston Martin Japan
- Iain Ferguson, Lloyd’s Japan Inc.
- Susumu Kaminaga, Individual Member
- Tove Kinooka, Global Perspectives K.K.
- Kentaro Kiso, Barclays
- Florian Kohlbacher, The Economist Group
- Paul Lirette, GlaxoSmithKline K.K.
- Heather McLeish, EY Japan
- Reiko Sakimura, Clifford Chance Law Office
- Noriko Silvester, Candlewick Co., Ltd.
- Richard Thornley, CBE, Individual Member
- Trevor Webster, Taylor Brunswick Japan K.K.
Chris Heffer, director of UK Trade & Investment at the British Embassy Tokyo, and Matt Burney, director of the British Council Japan, will continue to serve as ex-officio members.
Excom will meet as a group for the first time at a kick-off session on 28 May, and will thereafter meet at the British Embassy Tokyo for monthly meetings.